Titanium anode baskets are among the most commercially-available titanium products nowadays. They are made by fabricating titanium meshes, tubes and sheets, and they enable electrolytes to flow smoothly and easily.
There are several different kinds of titanium anode baskets. They come in different shapes and sizes. Here are some of the most common types:
- Circular type anode basket
- Semicircular type anode basket
- Rectangular type anode basket
- Cylindrical type anode basket
- Bucket type anode basket
- Panel type anode basket
- Regular expanded mesh anode basket
- Perforated plate type anode basket
- Square type anode basket
Titanium anode baskets can be created in different titanium grades depending on what they will be used for. The titanium meshes used to make titanium anode baskets can either be fine or coarse. The basket sizes can range from two inches to 50 inches in height. They can have diameters of between a quarter of an inch to several feet. Customers can actually ask manufacturers to make these titanium anode baskets according to their preferred dimensions.
Titanium is non-corrosive.Many industries make use of titanium anode baskets for a long list of applications for the following reasons:
- It is lightweight but very strong and durable.
- It has high anode efficiency, with uniform anode area.
- It suffers from less voltage loss and is less likely to go through plating bath contamination.
- It has constant current distribution and good electrical conductivity.
- It is long-lasting, even if used in high-temperature and acidic applications.
Some titanium anode baskets come with hooks. These hooks are usually available with a bent edge and about five inches long for maximum strength. Larger hooks are used for titanium anode baskets that measure 36 inches and bigger.
Typical applications of titanium anode baskets include base metal plating, precious metal plating, hard chrome plating, precious metal recovery, and other electroplating processes.