North Steel is a production mill for a full range of Titanium Powder and hold an exclusive export license to be able to serve our large international customer base. Due to the robust control systems that are required to produce, handle and ship titanium powder it is testament to our in depth knowledge of titanium powder and advanced processes that we are able to satisfy the ever growing demand for titanium powder products.
Titanium powders vary in terms of size and purity and can alloyed with several other kinds of other metal additives producing powders such as titanium iron alloy and titanium aluminium alloy. Titanium is also a key material in powder metallurgy and used extensively in filters, machinery, components and used extensively in the medical industry, being used in heart pacemakers and cranial shells. More recently it has seen a rise in demand due to the rise in popularity of 3D printing and the ideal properties of the material.
Titanium Powder Production Capability
- Standards: B817, F1580, F2924
- Titanium Grades: Pure and Alloys – Ti6Al4V
- Titanium Purity: 87 – 91 %, >87.5 %, >88 %, 90 – 95 %, 95 – 99 %, 99.2 – 99.4%, 99.4 — 99.2 %, >99.5 %
- Particle Sizes: Irregular, spherical
- Titanium Powder UN Numbers: 1352 (hydrated powder) / 2546 (powder) / 1871 (hydrided powder)
- Particle Sizes (mesh): -20 mesh, -40 mesh, -60 mesh, -100 mesh, -150 mesh, -200 mesh, -250 mesh, -325 mesh, -400 mesh, -550 mesh, -800 mesh, -1250 mesh
- Particle Sizes (micron): 1 micron – 800 micron – Lowest Particle Size !!
- Rating: 4.8 / 5 based on 19 customer reviews
Titanium Powder Particle Shapes and Production
Powders may be manufactured by the plasma rotating electrode process, inert gas atomization, hydride-dehydride. Typically powder particle shape is produced in two forms, irregular shaped and spherical, each with its own characteristics and suitabilty for different applications.
It is the Plasma Rotating Electrode manufacturing process that is able to produce the spherical powder particles whereas the Hydride-dehydride process is used for production of the irregular shaped particles.
- All titanium powders are a dark gray amorphous powder with a boiling point of 3000 C, and melting point 1668 C ± 2 C. The powder is insoluble in water and organic solvents at room temperature.
- Titanium powders are a non-magnetic metal and are not be magnetized even within large magnetic field.
- The powder is non-toxic and is tasteless and has good compatibility with human blood and tissue.
- Titanium powder does not react with H2O, H2SO4, HCl and HNO3 at room temperature.
- The powder content of N, H, O, C increases in contact with air.
- Can cause an explosion with strong oxide mixture.
Our titanium powder is vacuum packed inside plastic and aluminium bags and shipped in F 310 mm, H 400 mm 50 kg steel drums. We may also provide bespoke packaging based on customer requirements and in adherence with shipping rules for hazardous materials.
Transportation and storage
Titanium powder needs to be stored in a cool dry place and where the risk of tearing of packaging should be reduced. The powder should avoid contact with fire and not mixed with alkali, acid and any other corrosive materials.
|Item||Titanium Content %||Size||Chemical composition %|
|Titanium HDH powder||>99.5||-60 to 200 mesh||0<0.25，H<0.03，N<0.03，Fe<0.05|
|99.4 to 99.2||40 to 200 mesh||0<0.3， H<0.04，N<0.04，Fe<0.06|
|99.4 to 99.2||－200 mesh||0<0.45，H<0.04，N<0.045，Fe<0.06|
|99 to 99.2||－60 to 200 mesh||0<0.35，H<0.05，N<0.05，Fe<0.06|
|99 to 99.2||－200 mesh||0<0.6， H<0.05，N<0.05，Fe<0.06|
|Pure titanium scrap powder||95 to 99||－40—150 mesh||0<0.8， H<0.1， Fe<0.9|
|95—99||－150 mesh||0<0.9， H<0.1， Fe<0.8|
|90 to 95||－40—150 mesh||H<0.2， Fe<0.8|
|90 to 95||－150 mesh||H<0.2， Fe<0.8|
|Titanium alloy scrap powder||87 to 91||－40 mesh||H<0.2， Fe<0.8|
|87—91||－200 mesh||H＜0.2， Fe＜0.8|
|87.5||100—200 mesh||H＜0.02，0＜0.3， Fe＜0.3,AL＞5.7，V＞3.6|
|87.5||－200 mesh||H＜0.02，0＜0.4， Fe＜0.3,AL＞5.7，V＞3.6|
|Spherical titanium powder||>99.7||－40—325 mesh||H＜0.02，0＜0.2， Fe＜0.03,N＜0.02|
|>88||－40—325 mesh||H＜0.01，0＜0.15， Fe＜0.3, AL>5.6，V>3.6|
- The density of titanium is 4.506 – 4.516 g/cm^3, melting point is 1668,boiling point is 3535.
- In the appropriate oxidizing environment also has excellent corrosion resistance.
|Product Rating||Grades||Chemical Composition (Concentration)/ %||Brinell HardnessHBW/10/14700/30 (≤)|
|Ti (≥)||impurity is not greater than (≤)|
Widely used in aerospace structural materials, such as aircraft, rockets, missiles and spacecraft, ship manufacture, chemical industry, conventional weapons, manufacturing, metallurgical industry, health care, ultra-high vacuum and other fields.
Team & exhibition
Other main products